While we were watching one of the talks the boys were playing behind the couch. The speaker referred to Peter, James and John. I heard a little “athan” after John from Jonathan and James saying, “Hey, they know us!”
It was also great to just relax with no commitments. The kids made cookies and all four of them had a blast hiding in the pantry together and laughing. I love it when they all play well together. We watched family movies and I realized how skinny Ryan is compared with James and Jonathan at his age.
Me: "We're going to play at a resort in Indio. Won't that be fun?" James; "Indio? That sounds like the Boomdiada song Grandpa D. sings."
Ryan wears some hand-me-down Superman PJs now. James tells us how much he loves having a superhero in the family and pushes “Superman” around in a white laundry basket only occasionally dumping him out now and then.
Here’s my little personal history segment for the month. If I were to list talents I had as a child, I’d write that I was artistic. I could draw well. I was a good storyteller. I enjoyed singing with my mom and composing little songs. From what my parents tell me, I was also coordinated in gymnastics and dance class. I’ve looked at our kids to see if they have any inclination toward the same things but haven’t really noticed any yet. Granted, the boys haven’t taken dance or gymnastics classes and haven’t had three sisters to make up bedtime stories for. I suppose the realization that I wasn’t the best at any of these and the fact that I outgrew being a dancer or gymnast very early on has kept me from developing them but there is a little part of me that still feels these things are tiny part of who I am. Jonathan’s personality and talents are completely different. If I didn’t know better, I’d say he excels at everything that I was weak at and is weak at everything I excelled at. He quickly grasps math concepts and spelling and has an innate interest in science and the way things work. He feels like he struggles with art and asked to take art lessons. Michael told him I’m good at art. The result is that I will be giving him weekly lessons. Wish us luck.
James colored and cut out hearts for Michael and me. I can't think of anything better to decorate a kitchen with.