Mike is traveling more than usual with work these days but the summers ending well. Mike’s sister Patty, her husband Cameron and their five girls recently moved to Vegas and came down this way for a visit. We enjoyed a nice dinner, movie in the backyard and a couple hours at the beach with them in Oceanside. Their girls are sweet and it’s fun to get to know them better. Grandpa and Grandma gave us some delicious tomatoes from their bountiful tomato crop this year.
I taught a lesson on Eternal Marriage at church. It was difficult to make sure I covered the important points teaching ladies that come from such totally different situations. I’m enjoying the calling and learning a lot.
Mike has a small break in school so it’s been fun to have him available in the evenings, hooray. We’ve watched a couple of movies and have had time to hang out while the kids sleep, which is always a treat for me. Mike’s taking the boys bowling right now while I get dinner ready and we all went swimming yesterday evening. Gracie loves swimming, especially with her doting brothers.
My sister Sarah suggested listening to books on CD and I can’t thank her enough. I get book ideas from Goodreads and get all sorts of house cleaning and projects done while I listen to them. Also, we’ve enjoyed listening to The Story of the World as a family before the boys go to bed. My friend, Jenica recommended them. Jonathan can’t get enough since he’s our little Curious George. It is a little advanced for James but I think he’ll enjoy it as time goes on.
Tonight it my monthly Book Club. We’re reading Pygmalion (My Fair Lady). I have always loved my mom’s orange rolls so thought I’d give her recipe a try tonight. Hmm, what else? We’re enjoying the beautiful August weather of sunny San Diego. So there are our random happenings for now. ;)