7.02.2010

Jonathan yesterday evening before bed: "Dad, I'm realizing that you are nocturnal."

Yesterday, the boys had their flip flops on and got out the front door to run down the hall before I had a chance to get James' wet diaper changed or his swimsuit on for that matter. Anyway, half way down the hall, he decided his diaper needed changing, so he lay down on the ground outside another apartment waiting for me to come and change his diaper. A college girl living in the apartment next to him was happy to be greeted by a patient little person waiting there, staring at her.

We usually grind white wheat and use it for baking any bread, pancakes, waffles, muffins or that sort of thing throughout the next month. We hadn't ground any wheat lately, so I decided to use white flour for our pancakes. They were a hit. Jonathan said, "Mom, did you put marshmallows in these?"

Jonathan: "Mom, will you please call me brave knight?"

James had a poppy diaper after his nap the other day and pointed at his teddy bear, telling us, "bear, pooh poohs".

This morning the boys were watching PBS kids and I noticed that James was laying right up next to Jonathan. James often decides that the most comfortable spot in the room for prayers or sitting is on top of Jonathan. Luckily, Jonathan usually doesn't mind.

Last night as I was reading to James he put his arm around me and pointed it out to Michael. He then gave me a big kiss on the lips and made sure Michael saw that as well.