6.13.2010

Our library is starting a summer reading program where kids win prizes if they can read 10 books. I've been working for seven months or so most days of the week teaching Jonathan to read, in hopes that it will help him adjust better to a school type setting, since that is something that I really worry about with him. Both Mike and I have been happily surprised with how quickly he has learned. Anyway, I explained the library program to him last night and he is already on his 8th book. It's a good thing he looks like he is six because I don't think the librarians will believe this active four-year-old has really read all these books. I think he is reading as well as I did in second grade. He doesn't really seem to like writing letters as much and prefers to be read to. Now if I can only figure out how to get him to be as well-behaved, still and quiet as I remember being my first few years of school...