The other night we were sitting down to eat dinner and Jonathan decided he wanted a peanut butter and jam sandwich instead of what we were eating. We told him we weren’t having sandwiches for dinner so he decided to make one "all by himself." He moved his chair around the kitchen and made himself a tasty, messy sandwich eating directly out of the jam and peanut butter containers the entire time while making it. yummy
Little conversation
Mike: I’m going to work.
Jonathan: but why Daddy?
Mike: so I can earn money to pay for things like food and toys.
Jonathan: but I already have toys.
At church yesterday he decided he wanted to go pee pee all by himself, so he shut the stall, used the toilet and flushed, and said his regular “bye, bye, pees, see you next time”. Sunday pants are more difficult for him to pull up so he yelled, “Mommy, where are you?” The next thing I knew there he was crawling underneath the stall with his pants down to find me.
Little conversation yesterday driving back from church
Me: Jonathan was a good boy today at nursery. He was kind and shared with all the kids. I am so proud of him.
Mike: Really Jonathan?
Jonathan: Yes, I’m a big boy, a really, really big boy- not a baby. Mmhhmm.