2.13.2009

a few more things I love

Michael- I love that he enjoys playing with our boys and takes an active role as Dad when he’s home. I enjoyed watching last night as he rolled around on the floor with Jonathan and letting James have a turn too. James loved it by the way.

Jonathan- I love his chubby hands, strong build, and seeing how much he loves his little brother. I enjoyed watching him over a small hill at the park this morning. He was trotting along and I could only see his upper half. Suddenly he tripped face forward and was out of sight. Next thing I knew, he was standing back up looking at his hands, rubbing off the sand and back to his little trot without a tear. He’s always been pretty good that way. I hope he takes the falls in life that same way. I love that the other day, I heard “Help! Help me, Mom” while I was in our room. I came out to find him stuck between the cupboard and the fridge. I love that the other day I picked him up from playing with a friend without James and he was distraught and worried that maybe James had gone away, “I want James to stay in our family. He is my little brother. I love him”.

James- I love the way he curls up in a little ball to sleep. I love the way he sometimes stares at me and touches my face in wonder. I love it when I change his diaper and say something like, “poopy, poopy!” and he responds with lots of smiles and giggles. I love blowing on his eye lids when he is tired but determined to stay awake and watching him drift off to sleep.